Document Publishing Using IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)
River North has developed document Publishing services and DOORS add-on products that simplify and facilitate document publishing from DOORS.
Please contact River North Sales for further inquiries into products and services listed.
- Generate an output document in DOORS with a single-click of a drop down menu item
- Increases document publishing efficiency and productivity
- Decreases generated document variability
- Opens up ability for all DOORS users to generate documents in a controlled context
- Requires zero end-user training
- Enables an organization/project to rapidly get started producing documents with RPE
- Provides basic RPE training for a team of admins assigned the task of document publishing
- Provides mentoring during the production of the first few RPE templates
- Provides best practice guidance on usage of RPE with DOORS, such as utilization of a central RPE repository for templates enabling sharing and reuse across the enterprise which reduces template maintenance costs and document variability across projects
- Can be customized to include solutions for non-standard document publishing requirements such as the following
- Producing change bars in the generated document
- Producing an automated Requirements Index that sequentially lists requirements with associated page numbers where each requirement resides in the document - important because requirements never appear sequentially in a generated document
- Producing extracted content from embedded OLE objects in DOORS - displays the CONTENTS of DOORS embedded OLE objects such as MS Word or MS Excel files in the generated document